Friday, July 24, 2009

Lemon Blueberry Muffins Courtesy of Becky Homecki and The Little Chefs


I promise, they washed their hands. And they only licked the spoons AFTER I put the goods in the oven.

My mom makes these...I just tried to find a recipe that sounded good and had all the ingredients I already had on hand. And voila.....


Lemon Blueberry Muffins (courtesy of For The Love of Cooking Blog) :
· 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 cup of frozen blueberries, plus a few extra for the top of each muffin ( I used fresh ones)
· 2 large eggs
· 1/2 cup milk
· 1/4 cup vegetable oil
· Finely grated zest of 2 small lemons
· 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
· 2 packets of raw cane sugar, for the top of each muffin
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a muffin tray with baking spray then set aside. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the blueberries. In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, oil, lemon zest and the lemon juice. Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture until blended; do not over mix. Spoon the batter into the muffin tray then top with additional blueberries and sprinkle raw sugar on each muffin.


Coworker factor.....all gone and I earned the nickname--Becky Homecki...with even any prompting.

1 comment:

  1. I've created an even better recipe that only uses 1/4 c. oil for a total of 18 muffins. It's yummers! Will send later. su madre

    ReplyDelete