Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bad person

I will be honest with you.....for a few years I had this negative/wierd view of scrapbooking. It all stems from two things.

1) from an interview that Josh and I heard on NPR of this mom that was completely obsessed with scrapbooking. She would purposely get her child involved in all these wierd events and put her in all these expensive outfits so that she would have something to scrapbook about. Then to top it off she was spending like thousands a month on scrapbooking supplies and her marriage was falling apart.

2) I had this old coworker years and years ago that was a part of this new scrapbooking wave. She was actually hosting scrapbooking parties when it first started (she is probably a millionaire now). Anyways, she was also so crazy and obsessive about it but in her personal life she was a mean angry person and so I had a hard time understanding why she would want to be so fake to make all her scrapbooks seem as those she had this perfect happy life. When in reality, she was very miserable.

Which brings me to current day where I admit...I don't know how to scrapbook and am kind of interested in doing it on a small scale. A few weeks ago we went to this graduation party for a babysitter we use and her grandma made her the most amazing scrapbook. She went from pictures of her mom pregnant to current day and then included a family tree so that she cold always carry it wherever she went. I like that and it was beautiful and not so overdone.

I have TONS of pictures and I guess I could put them just in albums, but I think it might be fun to try and doll them up all AMY TANGERINE style.

How do I get started? Did you take a class? I have some stamps and markers and paper here from my attempt to make cards.

2 comments:

  1. You just let the creative juices flow and BEGIN!
    Especially now, when your kiddos are bitties. Have fun with it! You had plenty of warm-up practice sessions with Student Council, Prom coordinator, class projects and Girl Scouts! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOOO! Please no, don't go to the dark side. Yes, it looks cool - but just put the pictures on snapfish and make cool flip books like I do...you can even put snazzy sayings under the pictures.

    Or create photoshows on video.

    That is way more mom-tech. ;)

    ReplyDelete